This (18"x28") collage is part of a two part assignment, Alice In Wonderland mock Neptune Theater poster. The first stage consisted of combining multiple textures and media. Magazine/paper/acrylics and gloss medium. The concept of this poster is a twist off the classic Through The Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll. The frightened older Alice is faced with dark and mysterious adventures.
This Is the first version of the Alice poster i created using elements from the collage. The critique for this particular representation was terrible and was the single most disappointing feedback I've received this year. It was really disappointing because I really liked it and enjoyed the abstract layout, but to everyone else it didn't make sense.
So i took the negative feed back and made it a bit more understanding and better graphic elements. I'm still not happy with it but i do like this one better.

No comments:
Post a Comment